Leading and Facilitating Effective & Engaging Meetings- Virtual & In Person!
Time & Location
About the Event
What You Can Expect This is a highly active and interactive learning experience. Making Meetings More Effective is a highly interactive learning process. Participants are exposed to facilitation tools and techniques and apply them immediately during the workshop. The program offer opportunities for practice and skill building. Seasoned or novice facilitators can benefit from this program.
Objectives & Benefits
- Understand the psychology of people in work groups and when they come together for a meeting; their needs and the dynamics that will emerge when these needs are and are not met.
- Apply an IPO —input, process and output —systems approach for meeting design, preparation and improvement.
- Learn and practice the different meeting facilitation roles and requirements for; Virtual Meetings, Briefing Meetings, Problem Solving and Decision Making Meetings.
- Learn techniques to maximize member participation and engagement.
- Help groups achieve high quality decisions and long-term commitment by actively managing the task, interaction and relationship behaviors of meeting attendees.
- Learn and develop job-aids for the 4 levels of facilitator interventions to effectively handle disruptive meeting behaviors: side-bars, interruptions, tangents and non-participation, among others.
- Receive facilitation guides and instruction in the use of 12 process / meeting facilitation techniques designed to help groups get creative, identify priorities and commit to action.
- Practice facilitating meetings, receive feedback and learn by watching others.
- Develop increased confidence and skill in leading meetings.
- Determine how and when to use consensus decision making approaches.
4 hours 30 minutes
Session One: Effective Meetings "by Design".Interactive Zoom Learning Even
12 hours 10 minutes
Session Two: Facilitating Your Meeting- Facilitation skills, tools & techniquesInteractive Zoom Event